Lion The King - DIY Halloween Costume for Dogs
For Lion The King Halloween costume you will need:
- A piece of light brown faux fur. I used 50 x 20 cm (20" x 8")
- Paper templates for ears: smaller & bigger ones
- A few small pieces of light & darker brown felt or similar fabric
- A needle & a brown thread for stitching
- A piece of soap or a pencil
- ~60cm (24") light brown ribbon
- A hot glue gun
- A Peanut #harvoola onesie. Alternatively, you can use any light brown piece of dog clothing. Don't worry, you will not damage the clothes!
How to make Lion The King costume:1. First of all, mark the shape of lion ears on your fabric with a piece of soap or a pencil. In total, you will need 2 light brown (bigger size) and 2 darker shades of brown (smaller size) ears.
2. Cut the ears out evenly.
3. Using a hot glue gun, stick the smaller ears to the bigger ones. Simple as that!
4. Now we'll stick the ears to the faux fur. Align them approx. 5cm (2") from the bottom of the fur. Put it more to the left side by 2/3. You want to have one side of faux fur left longer than the other.
5. Using a hot glue gun stick both ears to the faux fur.
6. Now cut the ribbon in two pieces and stick one at the corner of the faux fur (closer to where the ears are), and the other at a similar distance from the ears.
7. You can now dress your iggy in a Peanut onesie and put the lion's collar on to style it.
8. To style properly, wrap the faux fur around the head, so that the ears are aligned to the centre and the ribbon is on the side. Tie up the ribbon.
10. To keep it steady at all times, you may want to hand-stitch the collar to a onesie. Don't worry, it'll come off nicely afterwards! Just don't tighten the stitches too much.
11. Hakuna Matata! 🦁 You have a true Lion The King, Simba, King of the Jungle... You name it! Grab a camera & loads of treats and enjoy Halloween with your best buddy! 🦁
DIY video of the process
I'd love to see the results if you make this costume! Please share your pic on social and tag us @harvoola or simply drop an email at email@example.com.
Happy Halloween, everybody! 🎃
Laissez un commentaire